Monday, April 24, 2023

Holy Moly Marathon Swim 2: Lake Constance (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)


Me and Aunt Chris, 2022.
Last summer my Holy Moly Marathon Swim for charity was a great success! On July 30th, 2022 I swam 10 miles non-stop across Chicago’s Lake Michigan shoreline, from Gilson Beach to Montrose Beach in five hours and 45 minutes. That swim raised over $6,200 for (my aunt in law) Sister Chris Burgmaier’s Christmas Food Drive, which helped feed over 350 families through the Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester, NY's mission in Paranaiguara, Brazil. 

Due to the enormous success of last year's swim I am happy to announce my next charity swim; The Holy Moly Marathon Swim 2: Lake Constance. This alpine lake is Central Europe's third biggest and straddles three countries. On July 12th, 2023 I will launch from Germany to Austria then Switzerland and back in an 11 mile (18 km) non-stop marathon swim. A captained safety boat alongside me will have family and friends aboard to help document and secure this swim adventure.

This year's goal is to raise $6500 to purchase rice, beans oil, and meat to feed the needy this upcoming holiday season! Funds will be collected through the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester and go directly to Sister Chris's mission in Brazil.

All Donations are tax deductible.

Sister Burgmaier with rice from Holy Moly Marathon Swim donations, 2022.

Donations by Mail:

Please make checks out to 

"Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester"

Please Reference “Holy Moly Marathon Swim” & mail to:

Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester 

Attn: Office for Mission Advancement 

150 French Road 

Rochester, NY 14618 

Meal kits from Holy Moly Marathon Swim donations, 2022.
Meat from Holy Moly Marathon Swim donations, 2022.

Sister Christina Burgmaier (our Aunt Chris) is a registered nurse and midwife, has served The Church of the Immaculate Conception for the past 55 years. Since she moved to Paranaiguara, at 27, she worked with kindness and joy to help bring thousands of healthy babies into the world and has found ways to feed them. Each Christmas, Sister Christina organizes a food distribution operation which typically feeds more than 350 hungry families during the holiday season. Your charitable donations will purchase rice, beans, oil, and meat from local farmers to provide food for the needy in the town. These important staples, especially meat, are beyond many families' financial means in parts of Brazil.

About Swimmer:

My name is Eyal Feldman, 45, born in Israel and raised in the USA since 1980. Grew up in Calabasas, CA and since 2000 has been residing in New York City. Sister Christina Burgmaier is my aunt in law, and after having discovered her annual food drive for the holidays I felt a calling to help. My marathon swims are for charity and it is my prayer to feed as many needy families as possible this holiday season. I wish to create positive change with family and friends across multiple faiths to help people through fitness and health, G-d bless us all.

Past Charity Swims:

Video of my 6 mile swim across the St. Lawrence River in 2008 to Canada and Back

Video of my 6 mile Marathon Swim across the Sea of Galilee in 2010: Jesus Walked I Swam!

Video of my 7 mile Lake Mead Swim in 2011: Hoover Dam This is a Long Swim

Video of my 9 mile Hawaiian swim from Lanai to Maui 2012: Kamanawana Marathon Swim

Videos of my 10 mile swim across Chicago's Lake Michigan in 2022: Holy Moly Marathon Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Moly Marathon Swim 2: Lake Constance (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)

Me and Aunt Chris, 2022. Last summer my Holy Moly Marathon Swim for charity was a great success! On July 30th, 2022 I swam 10 miles non-stop...